We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

2 Explosions at the Boston marathon has claimed 3 lives and injured over 100 some serious.

Click Here

Now I believe the London marathon is supposed to be held this Sunday and it must be a massive security problem.

How can you secure a massive site like the London Marathon.

London Marathon to go Ahead

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"you'd have thought the householder, if he had looked in, would have been on the TV constantly."

If I was an FBI or local Police adviser I would be telling him to maintain a low profile, and that under no circumstance should he appear in TV interviews, or allow himself to be photographed by the Press if at all possible.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I found it rather interesting how Jeremy Clarkson in his yesterdays Sun newspaper column, compared this event with the bombing event in Brighton that effected the British government, and other perhaps similar UK events.

Basically it was like saying British have a very different view or method in dealing with things of this nature?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"British have a very different view or method in dealing with things of this nature?"

As in the Iranian embassy siege? I certainly remember watching that live.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

The SAS certainly don't mess around. Nor do our intelligence security forces. The Yanks on the other hand have too many intelligence agencies and often miss vital clues as to what terrorist activities are likely to take place.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

michaelw

I think the FBI etc. get blinkered. I assume that, when they investigated Tamerlan Tsarnaev, they didn't find an Al Qaeda connection so thought there was no domestic threat.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

According to the BBC news tonight, the Russians warned the FBI about this guy some time ago.

They probably still have a bit of "my enemy's enemy is my friend" syndrome hanging about!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Just been reading this enter link description here and for some reason can't help but feel sad for these two people, I know that what they did was completely wrong and they will never be forgiven but at the same time for two people to do this for what may be religious reasons is sad.

As that old saying goes "who ever invented religion wants crucifying"

to who ever it may concern "please don't try and tell me different it's meant as a joke"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED