We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

2 Explosions at the Boston marathon has claimed 3 lives and injured over 100 some serious.

Click Here

Now I believe the London marathon is supposed to be held this Sunday and it must be a massive security problem.

How can you secure a massive site like the London Marathon.

London Marathon to go Ahead

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

oh, for ,,,,, sake, give it a rest

Like this post
carver

Likes # 1

Why is ANYBODY going on about that woman when this thread is about Boston and the bombings, if you want to argue about her start a new thread.

Mind you I did notice who brought her up.

Like this post  
fourm member

Likes # 0

carver

'Mind you I did notice who brought her up.'

What a snivelling, snide comment to make.

I know who I am. You know who I am. Why not say it rather than the weasely 'you know who' approach?

I mentioned Thatcher because security for her funeral must be an increased concern after yesterday's event in Boston.

There will, almost certainly, be one or more false alarms and it needs people to stay calm to prevent a false alarm turning into a tragedy.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Then stop talking about her and maybe just say a few words about those poor people who were injured and killed yesterday.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Getting back to the Boston bombings I am getting a little tired of the wall to wall coverage of it on the BBC, yes three people died and many were injured but the rest of the world has not stopped.

The BBC has used every program on today's television it could to give this incident more airtime, it even interviewed MP's who are going to be running in Sunday's London marathon.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Will class as resolved.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

fourm member I could not have put it better, all those different people all killed in one way or another and you have to go on about that woman.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"just say a few words about those poor people who were injured and killed yesterday."

But the thread isn't about those poor people, it's about security for the London Marathon.

God knows I am no apologist for fourm member, but it is not unreasonable to read across to the similar security problems today will bring.

It doesn't matter who is getting buried today, or even if it's a funeral at all, the security problems of such a gathering are immense.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

carver

**"Why is ANYBODY going on about that woman when this thread is about Boston and the bombings, if you want to argue about her start a new thread. Mind you I did notice who brought her up."**

Actually the thread is about how you secure an event like the London Marathon, but in your eagerness to take a personal swipe at fourm member you completely overlooked the fact. You also overlooked the fact that mention of an added security risk for today's funeral was a valid point to raise.

If you're going to pursue what is quite obviously a personal vendetta you might at least take the trouble to get our facts right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014