We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

2 Explosions at the Boston marathon has claimed 3 lives and injured over 100 some serious.

Click Here

Now I believe the London marathon is supposed to be held this Sunday and it must be a massive security problem.

How can you secure a massive site like the London Marathon.

London Marathon to go Ahead

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

".noticed some blood near his boat on his driveway, lifted the boat's canvas cover,..."

With the situation that was in progress, I think I might have called the police before lifting that cover!!

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Probably just factual, FE. Quickbeam, how is calling the Police when there is an "armed and dangerous" man at the bottom of you garden milking the situation, exactly?

Anyway, I hope no one tries to paint this as a victory resulting from the detection efforts of authorities who had, it seems, given up on those efforts.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

TV news just now said helicopter detected heat and movement.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Has anybody found out who the man was that was put in a police car entirely nude. Was he the older brother who maybe died in hospital later? Did anybody else see those pictures or was I just imagining it all?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Massachusetts Police grabbed guy. Told him to strip naked. Cuffed him. Threw him in car (while all the media was filming him). Interrogated him. Then let him go. That’s what you call a bad night.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...Bing.alau, I haven't heard anything about what you are describing on the Radio4 news bulletins. [ps, I don't watch TV ... 22/7] only 2 hrs a day ...MAX.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

A194. Thanks for that. I thought I was hallucinating. I hadn't heard about him being released. If he was innocent I wonder if he will be getting compensation?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've just thought maybe I was watching the nude man on CNN news. Perhaps not a lot of people watch that station, but because it seemed the natural station to get the up to date news, I watched it. Maybe the other stations never showed the nude man, or the other man spread-eagled on the pavement. I got the impression he was either dead or too frightened to move. There were enough cops around to sink a battleship. I couldn't understand why nobody else mentioned it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - I saw that clip too and glad you asked as I was puzzled about what had happened to him.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

The more we learn, the less we know.

This picture proves that a police helicopter saw a heat signature from the boat but the ladder at the side could mean the householder had already looked in.

The only thing is, this is America, and you'd have thought the householder, if he had looked in, would have been on the TV constantly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today