We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

2 Explosions at the Boston marathon has claimed 3 lives and injured over 100 some serious.

Click Here

Now I believe the London marathon is supposed to be held this Sunday and it must be a massive security problem.

How can you secure a massive site like the London Marathon.

London Marathon to go Ahead

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

You can't, there is 25 miles of route and to say that you can safe guard that amount is just nonsense.

All the security forces can do is to make people aware of any packages that are left unintended.

If you do go and have a back pack on then be prepared to be stopped at every check point.

One thing those bombs have done will be to derail any attempt at gun control in USA, who is going to listen now when they argue you don't need auto weapons.

All they will do is point to Boston and say they "need" to defend themselves.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

They haven't yet ruled out domestic terrorism. Islamic groups have denied it stating that if they did it, they would admit it.

The whole of London was secured during last summers Olympics, so I think that we're as good as anyone can be on public security.

And life must go on.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

A worrying time for the organizers and the runners and not forgetting the spectators.

Probably to late to postpone it so no doubt it will carry on.

[Islamic groups have denied it stating that if they did it, they would admit it.{But would they if it was only a trial run.}

{The whole of London was secured during last summers Olympics} yes you were 100% correct with that they done a fine job.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

In the case of the London Marathon or any other marathon, then security and safety will be on the agenda for the organiser's and the security forces. However, what cannot be guaranteed is a 100% result, and its only after the or any event that the results will be available to any success.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

As has been said, the perpetrator has not been identified so there is no reason to read across to an increased threat for the London Marathon.

The third Monday in April is Patriots' Day so domestic terrorism is a possible.

It is, though, bound to cause nervousness for a time. I hope those who want to complain about what they perceive as Maggie Thatcher's lack of care for people will realise that tomorrow's funeral is not the best place to display their feelings. Any sort of disturbance is likely to result in many people becoming frightened.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

fourm member - I fear that you credit those who will demonstrate tomorrow with more intelligence than they have.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Change "intelligence" because many are supposedly very well qualified to sensitivity.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Following your train of thought, perhaps it would be better for all if she were given a small private family funeral, instead of the planned extravaganza - that way all risks to the public could be contained!

For the only time in my life I had some sympathy for the views expressed by George Galloway on the Politics Show, yesterday.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spider9

You won't be surprised to hear me say I wouldn't watch Galloway under any circumstances.

There's a certain irony in people wanting to protest about Maggie's lack of concern for people by showing a lack of concern for people.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......