We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why is that..........

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

No matter how careful I am whenever I remove something from a box, by that I mean something with several component parts, say a drive bay fan controller with thermal sensors that it is virtually impossible to get it back in the box as neatly as it came out?

I wanted to replace the Bitfenix Recon which comes with 5 thermal sensor cables,5 fan cables, small packet containing sticky pads and screws and a small user booklet back into it's box. I have managed it after a fashion but it certainly is not as neat as if new.

Are boxes designed with just enough space for the contents but these contents must be folded and placed precisely?

Oh and don't get me started on the plastic packaging who's sole aim is to rip the skin of your hands to shreds.

Or is this another of life's mysteries?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

and a song to brighten up the morning see here

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Although its sort of appropriate to the discussion, the song is actually about modern houses as you probably know.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat sorry to tell you but coffins come in set sizes, only if you are "over large" as they say will you get one made to measure.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

BT

I thought the song was more about the way 60's government scientists were placing people into "boxes" regarding their "position" in society.

nothing changes as we recently had a thread on "class" now 7 different "classes" you could be placed into.

as you said we have moved off topic a little, apologies to Chronus ;0)

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I bought a lawnmower from Argos with a 2 year guarantee. It broke in year 2 and Argos didn't want to know suggesting I contacted the manufacturer.

The manufacturer was very obliging and was prepared to collect and then return the mower after repair at no cost to me.

Here's the rub. They understandably wanted it packing, ideally in the original box. I do keep some boxes, but not this one as it was too big to store. How do you go about securely packing a lawnmower using items found in the average home?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

oresome first mow the lawn - this has two benefits :- one it makes it easier for next time as the grass wont have time to grow, secondly you can use the grass clippings a 'eco' packing.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"you can use the grass clippings a 'eco' packing."

I wouldn't be too impressed with Amazon if my Hobbit DVD arrive smelling of sweaty grass cuttings.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Quickbeam but it would give you an idea of Gollums aroma http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1016047385?ref=ttpvvi1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite