We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hello, Esther Rose

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Esther came into the world at 5:45am this morning (sunday), bouncing in at 8lb 6oz.

Esther

Granddaughter is fine, daughter not so fine, needing surgery immediately after a normal though difficult birth. So far, so good though.

I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this grandchildren buisness though!

WTM

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Congratulations

My Grandson (3 last weekend) visits every Sunday and we take him home Monday evening, 30 hours of fun but it takes me the rest of the week to recover :0)

Think we have more toys in the house now than when our kids were young.

Get your own back - fill em full of sugar, hype em up, hand em back :0)

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone.

I think I might see a pattern in the naming though. Although I had no input at all in the choice of names picked by No. 1 daughter, her first was a boy called Ethan. Now it's a girl called Esther. Should another one come along, and it's a boy, I might just push for 'Enry

(well, I like it anyhow!)

WTM

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Congratulations old pal,I echo all the concern and good wishes expressed, sorry I'm late but we are just back.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

WTM. My name is Henry but don't let that put you off your next grand son's name.. Name him after the boxer "Our Enery" instead.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

WTM Lucky man, all that joy with not much effort on your part! Our five grandchildren are the joys of our life but we await great-grandchildren with increasing impatience.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Meant to say - lovely name.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

flycatcher1. I have nine Grand children and ten Great-Grand children. As I am only responsible for three children of my own, I dread the times of present giving such as you know when and Easter. It can be very expensive. One of the problems being that I have a favourite grand-daughter but have got to be able not to show it.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Bing-alau. We love our grandchildren equally but in different ways . Have always tried to balance any presents but it is not always practical. I would not like to cough up for nineteen presents of any great value but, surely, some of them must be in a situation when they give you presents. I have made this suggestion to two of mine but the idea has been treated with lack of interest and a quick subject change.

I still envy you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback