We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Flower Duet- Anna Netrebko & Elina Garanca

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 3

I do post, sometimes, links to You Tube about music that can stir my blood. To most, however, it doesn't seem to make an impact for the ears. Each taste is different and is appreciated.

Still, have a listen to these two women singing a duet, turn the volume down to 3/4 on the you tube player, put your headphones on and enjoy.

Anna Netrebko & Elina Garanca

Hope the link works.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

If you do think this performance is above the usual, like I do, and you don't wish to post, why not tick the 'Likes' thumbs up icon on the starter post. At least then,if no interest, I know not to bother again.. :) Thanks.

Like this post  
kad60

Likes # 1

I do like the occassional foray into Opera but prefer classical music,some of Callas's music sends me elsewhere (sure there is an hint there).Have to say that no art form in existence can better this ,sublime beyond words.Listening to it as i write and automatic smile ensues.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 1

rdave13 even though I can appreciate the singing/ the Vocal Range in their singing is tremendous I have to admit that I do not like opera.

But each to his own

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 1

Like most on here I am a pensioner but like 55 million other hits I think this is brill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gEVaniPOmU&list=ALYL4kY05133r6oZmc_mUqMw9UMfm9esxw

Other will probably say it's crap.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

rdave13 Thanks always been one of my favourite pieces of music.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

quiller It's taken me a time to reply but I do like the group's music so far. Thank you.

kad60 , all I can say about your link is it is music of a type that I enjoy and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ , superb isn't it? Tried to get a decent duet from Tales of Hoffmann, Offenbach's Barcarolle, but not found a decent one for quality.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Typical of You tube, search too accurately and you don't find what you're looking for. Search 'loosely' and up pops this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdc2zNgJIpY

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

Sorry rdave13 I'm not an opera fan, I was brought up with the big bands and vocalists such as Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra, then into small modern jazz and finally into Country and Western. But I really liked quiller's link to Of Monsters and Men and I will find out more about them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made