We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mcdonald's threatning staff

finerty

Likes # 0

Today Saturday the 6th of April I visited McDonald’s restaurant with two of my friends on Tottenham Court Road. My friends were from abroad. One of my friends wanted to ask a member of staff a question, initially he was being ignored so I said excuse me Sir to a manager and I did a gesture using all of my hand as come forward. I did not use a single finger rather the whole of my hand to gesture to him to let him know we wanted to speak with him. He comes over and verbally raised his voice in threatening manner that the gesture I used is insulting to his culture. He made indication what culture he represented or how the gesture actually affected his culture.

I come home only to find there is only if I finger wagged also know as the dog calling sign which I did not use but used the knuckle area of hand to gesture to come over and bending all of fingers t to touch the palm of my hand. It wasn’t’ that busy in the restaurant. As we were leaving the manager repeated his statement and his manager partner started to raise his voice almost shout.

I have always used this gesture for the last 40 years only to be told by very arrogant manager from McDonald’s something very constrict-dory .

My friends found the staff there very insulting and very rude even though he was accusing me of being rude. I did not raise my voice at him or provoke the staff in any way.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Savoy Grill, don't you mean the subsidised resturant at the Houses of Parliament?.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What I meant was that finerty simply experienced someones bad hair day. From the Savoy Grill to the layby buttie van, it happens...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen