We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blair's claim justified or not ?

oresome

Likes # 0

Tony Blair claims that the last election would have been a much closer run thing had he still been PM.

I suspect he's probably right despite the financial mess we were in at the the time (and still are).

Personality rather than policy seems to be the vote winner. Do you agree?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Exactly. And worryingly. It's like that old saying about democracy being the worst form of government until you look at the alternatives.

You can't make a comparison between Blair and Cameron or Cameron and Disraeli for that matter.

We would only appreciate how relatively good Cameron is two years into a Miliband government. (That's Ed Miliband - I'm assuming David's coup plans won't succeed.)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

In retrospect, the out come was positive sign of UN intent towards wayward leaders. Watch this space North Korea.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That was in answer to Mr Mistoffelees, but fm butted in between:)

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

I did correct myself to 'no more of a threat'.

I don't know what the Kuwaitis have to do with anything. Not even Blair or Bush tried to suggest that Saddam was planning to invade again. That was too big a lie even for them.

As for the Kurds, what about those in Turkey who feel oppressed. Should we invade there?

Do the Kurds have a greater claim to international help than the Ndebele in Zimbabwe? Use Google Earth to view the size of the internment/prison camps in N. Korea and tell me why the Kurds need help more than those thousands of dissenters.

Etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing