We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blair's claim justified or not ?

oresome

Likes # 0

Tony Blair claims that the last election would have been a much closer run thing had he still been PM.

I suspect he's probably right despite the financial mess we were in at the the time (and still are).

Personality rather than policy seems to be the vote winner. Do you agree?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"Blair lies were deliberate and especially damaging"

As, I'm sure you would agree were Thatcher's (Falklands, she wanted a conflict to help re-election!) and other former PMs.

Was Cameron not suggesting the other day that we might be in danger from N.Korean missiles, hence the need to keep Trident?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Jock1e - You take the prize for the most ridiculous post on this forum for a long time!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Jock1e

"A lot of folk forget how good we had it under Tony Blair and now we have David Cameron who just wants to take the last penny off everyone except the rich."

That's a ridiculous statement, but I'll engage with it - why would David Cameron conceivably want to take the last penny off everyone except the rich?

He doesn't just need votes from rich people.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Jock1e

"A lot of folk forget how good we had it under Tony Blair and now we have David Cameron who just wants to take the last penny off everyone except the rich."

That's a ridiculous statement, but I'll engage with it - why would David Cameron conceivably want to take the last penny off everyone except the rich?

He doesn't just need votes from rich people.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

Oh the need to keep in the limelight.

This is the man who led us into a war nobody wanted just to placate the wally across the pond, then gave a lot of concessions back to the EU that had been hard-fought to get in the first place purely because he wanted to be president of the EU. He weazled, ducked and dived, lied, cheated his way through politics. Now he earns about £4 million a year and has a portfolio of many properties worth millions. Is there a God? Now I'm not so sure.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spider9

'As, I'm sure you would agree were Thatcher's (Falklands, she wanted a conflict to help re-election!) and other former PMs.'

You're surely not suggesting that the scrap merchants who started helping themselves to South Georgia were actually Tories in disguise.

Thatcher may have taken a threat more seriously than some think was justified but there was, at least, a threat.

Iraq was no threat to anybody. Or, no more of a threat than other dodgy regimes like N. Korea, Zimbabwe and Kazakhstan to name a few.

The lies Blair told to get us into the Iraq war still rumble around poisoning relations between countries and destroying individual lives.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

[He doesn't just need votes from rich people.]

The way things are going it is the only ones he is going to get votes from.

I replied to the comment would Blair have stood a better chance against Cameron and I said yes as I would have voted for him.

I just wonder if we had a vote just now how many would still vote for Cameron.

Anyone out there actually think David Cameron is a good Prime Minister.

You probably already know my views from different posts,I think he is the worst Prime Minister that I can ever remember.

If the Tory's want to stay in power they will need to dump him before the next election,They are quite good at that as they have done it before with quite a few PM's that they have had.

I still say the Vote at the last election would have been a lot closer if Blair stood instead of Brown but that is only my opinion.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Anyone out there actually think David Cameron is a good Prime Minister."

He's the best of the three viable options from the last election, make what you will of that...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"I still say the Vote at the last election would have been a lot closer if Blair stood instead of Brown but that is only my opinion."

My opinion is that Maggie fatigue would have lost him the election, we don't want leaders that think they've become a permanent fixture.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"Iraq was no threat to anybody."

Do you think Kuwaitis and the Iraqi Kurds would agree with that claim?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?