We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Banking - Perhaps a weekend debate?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Over the past day, new media reports appear to be opening old wounds regarding the 'recent' banking fiascos. A 96 page report from the British Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards, as perhaps urged the regulators to consider bans on three former directors of HBOS from carrying out any future financial business in their lifetimes.

There also appears that further considerations are being suggested. Fred 'the shred' Goodwin and others perhaps like him, might have need to be running a little scared at the moments, or is this very unlikely and will this never happen?.

I notice that one former director of HBOS Sir James Crosby, as of yesterday already quit his new job, as an advisor to the equity company Bridgeport.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Or buy another gold bar from Bingalau!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The weekends over, so I will tick as resolved :O)

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Sorry but I don't have any for sale. I have a small one, which my wife used to wear around her neck to show off on special occasions. (the others are virtual ones) That one is earmarked for my daughter of course. Maybe I had better pass it on now so she can flog it and spend the money before some banker chappie gets his mits on it.

Just a thought, are there any women in banking?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...