We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wonder if he supports enforced Euthanasia

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

fm, if you thought the thread title was silly why are you bothering to post in it? Do you know what Lord B's views on enforced Euthanasia are?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

carver

'loud mouths like him'

Here we go again. Straight into the personal insults.

Do you know Lord Bichard personally? Are you making that 'loud mouth' claim based on conversations you've had with him?

Or, are you just basing your comment on the jealousy you harbour for anyone with 'Lord' in front of their name or 'MP' after it?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

lotvic

I'm afraid your obsession with attacking me leads you to say some bizarre things.

This would be a very dull place if the only acceptable response to any thread was 'I completely agree'.

No, I don't know Lord Bichard's views on euthanasia but I don't need to because they are of no relevance to the proceedings of the committee or his involvement in those proceedings.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Just a silly man who shouldn't even be given as much attention as we are now.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

'Just a silly man'

What is 'silly' about looking at all possibilities and driving civil servants to do better?

The silliness comes from clinging to distorted reporting when the opportunity exists to go to the primary source and find out what actually happened.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

fm, nonsense, no obsession with attacking you, from me. Don't be silly.

Now you say "No, I don't know Lord Bichard's views on euthanasia but I don't need to because they are of no relevance to the proceedings of the committee or his involvement in those proceedings."

Did you understand the Thread title? if so why post?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

lotvic

Are you actually reading any of the thread.

Kevscar has accepted the news reports saying Bichard thinks benefits should be withdrawn from the elderly if they don't volunteer.

His euthanasia comment is extended from that acceptance.

As I've demonstrated the reports are wrong. Bichard thinks everything should be considered in order to find the best solution. That is not the same as supporting any solution.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If you did you would see that Bichard, and others, "were concerned about how to improve the lives of the elderly so as to give them a longer, happier retirement."

And which part of the report did that statement from Bichard come from.

I've read this part

"Are we using all of the incentives at our disposal to encourage older people not just to be a negative burden on the state but actually be a positive part of society?"

And this part

"so if you are old and you are not contributing in some way or another maybe there is some penalty attached to that."

So pray tell me were you get your info from.

f.m jealousy is when some body has some thing you need or desire, he has neither of these things, I have every thing I need, 2 son's a beautiful daughter and a wife, nearly forgot the horses, and the cats and the 3 cars and the 7.5 ton horse box.

Sorry forgot my grand daughter and my daughter in law + her son.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

I think it perfectly reasonable to look at all ideas concerning elderly people (and others, also) and hopefully eventually choose the best.

Certainly I'm not aware of any enforced 'euthanasia' threats.

carver

For someone who has everything they need in life (including happiness presumably)it's strange how you keep attacking groups of people like MPs.

On the other hand, I do it because I'm deleriously unhappy!!

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

I wonder what he would make of my retiring at the age of 33 and still doing bugger all 35 years latter. Life is great and made for enjoying not flogging yourself to death at an early age. If work was so great then the rich would have kept it all to themselves.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow