We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wonder if he supports enforced Euthanasia

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's old news.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

old Is that a witty pun I spy from Quickbeam? ;-)

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Thats part of the problem with short term memory loss, it might be old news or new news

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

No pun intended, there's even a PCA thread about it but I can't remember what the title was.

But we came to the conclusion that he was an idiot with a size 14 foot stuck sideways in his mouth and that if we'd paid into a pension during our working lives, we were entitled to reap the benefit of it in our decrepitude.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Well, it took a while but, finally, I found what got Bichard in bother with the press on page 609 of 1022 of the record of evidence given to the committee.

He is pressing for people to think about every option. He says some difficult choices have been made on things like tuition fees and sanctions for job-seekers so shouldn't those difficult choices be considered with older people. It is an academic who uses the 'work until you drop' line.

Several times Bichard complains that civil servants think dealing with the needs of an expanding ageing population is in the 'Too difficult' category and won't think about all the options. If you don't ask the question 'Would it be acceptable to encourage volunteering with carrot and stick?' how can you know what the answer is?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You can work 'til you drop if you want fm, but I find that the older I get, the less bothered I can motivate myself away from the retire to do nothing at all unless i feel like it notion...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

An unbothered retirement is the one goalpost that should remain sacrosanct in my mind!

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

That probably means you won't bother to have a look at the committee's proceedings.

If you did you would see that Bichard, and others, were concerned about how to improve the lives of the elderly so as to give them a longer, happier retirement.

That's what makes this thread's title so silly.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

F.M Maybe they could just give them a better pension or a paid for holiday once a year and just have loud mouths like him put down, or you could put him to use heating pensioners flats with all that hot air than comes out of his

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features