We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does the greed of our politicians never end?

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Seemingly our MPs are complaining that dinner expenses rules are not generous enough.

Story.

What exactly do they spend their salaries on? As it seems that nothing that you or I need to buy is not covered by their expenses even down to having moats clean and designer duck houses built. We seem to pay for second homes, I expect these will only be single bedroom residences now the Under-occupation ruling has become law, after all we are all in this together.

We also pay for their furniture including top of the range electrical goods, their travel is generously covered, they can eat in any number of highly subsidised restaurants, get drunk and frequently do in the many subsidised bars. Add all that to well selected jollies, oops, I meant fact finding missions, to far flung lands, not forgetting a gold plated pension scheme and transitional costs should they lose their seat in the house at some point.

But it is not enough it seems and snouts are being raised high enough out of the trough to ask for more.

So what do they actually spend their own money on?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I think that we have far too many MP's. Reduce them by 75% and pay them the highest wage we can afford to attract the best brains to the job. Maybe then we would have MP's worth their salt. Oh yes maybe we could get rid of all those Civil Servants advise on the rules for the MP's.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone