We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does one have to divulge one's email address to the government

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... in order to recieve these new benefits ?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Aitchbee: I am not sure what sympathy you are looking for.

If you are in receipt of State Assistance, the very least you can do is to spend 40 hours a week responding to the Authorities requests and demands.

Those of us that work spend considerable periods of our life working or travelling to and from work. You should consider a similar input.

Now, should you be unable to do this or that, you appear to be able to spend time on your computer and it is not unacceptable to expect you to respond to every communication that you get from the Authorities.

Rant over!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps well off subject, but the government and the media have been stating for quite some time now, that they are going to get very tough on claimants, and some people might feel discriminated against.

I do believe that they have already set up an improved complaints and appeal system, in preparation for the rush for advice using these two services?.

I know our local council have recruited additional staff, in the light of the new government regulations regarding the 'bedroom tax' and future benefit payments on rent and council tax/charges.

It would seem, if you don't comply, then you might be an even bigger loser, and have all the benefits stopped, until any matters or issues are sorted.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"It would seem, if you don't comply, then you might be an even bigger loser, and have all the benefits stopped, until any matters or issues are sorted."

It seems reasonable to me to expect that those in receipt of benefits should be prepared to comply with the rules as far as tests of eligibility are concerned. I'm not suggesting that people should be asked to grovel for the money - the whole idea of a state benefit system is that it helps people who - for one reason or another - are temporarily or permanently incapable of helping themselves. There is benefit fraud on a large scale however, and we must devise ways to stop it. Unfortunately there's no other way than stringently examining the validity of every claim.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features