We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does one have to divulge one's email address to the government

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... in order to recieve these new benefits ?

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

If it's a problem, then just create a web based address like hotmail or gmail for that one purpose only.

WTM

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Which new benefits do you mean? and the email address do you mean on an Application Form (ie: Name, Address, Tele No, Email address)

Would have thought it was optional same as a Tele No: is, as not everyone has them.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

I would assume the government wants some indication that claimants are real people and wants to be able to make contact to advise on any changes etc.

What is the big deal about 'divulging' an email address? Would you be asking this question about your postal address or telephone number?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

fm, it's a perfectly reasonable general question, no need to make it sound so personal. It's well known that the government would like to make internet claims the norm.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

lotvic

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it personal but I don't know why the question was asked.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Have you never ever given your email address to anyone except friends?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Well I triedto reply from thid bloody android cheapo tablet and tried to copy HB's name in the post. Failed. Went all over the place. Justgoing to see if this posts!?

Sorry HB for using your thread as a base to try out replying to a thread. Iknow you will understand, others a bit upity about the Englishlingo...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

The new benefits system that is being trailed at the moment requires internet applications.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Back on desktop so apologies to Aitchbee is the first step. (Blame spuds for my renewed interest in cheap android tablets :) )

As for emails and giving out the addies, where's the problem? tullie asks "Have you never ever given your email address to anyone except friends?" then the answer is of course. What's the point of emails if you don't want to be contacted?

I have about eight of them at the last count.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No, nine, forgotten one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow