We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Don't put your clocks back tonight!

WhiteTruckMan
Resolved

Likes # 0

Remember, they actually go foreward!

WTM

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Spring forward, Fall back.

American term for Autumn but never lets me forget.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

I have mentioned this before on this forum but for those who don’t know the clocks in my house are a nightmare due to Mrs B and her time keeping. I employ a time shift system.

She is convinced that from alarm off to exiting house for work is only 30 minutes. Wrong! But I was never able to convince her. After too many late arrivals at work I set my plan in motion and it has worked for the last 6 years.

Her bedside alarm is 20 minutes fast, next is bathroom clock at 15 minutes fast, then kitchen at 10 minutes fast followed by lounge at 5 minutes fast and exit front with clock at right time.

She has never been late for work since but still insists that it only takes her 30 minutes to get up and get out! It is and always will be 50 minutes.

Also helps when we are due somewhere and she is getting ready in bedroom as her clock is 20 minutes fast.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Blackhat , now you are a truly married couple... lol.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But it is possible to fall forwards and to spring back...?

It's the one time of the year that happens twice that peoples roll up for work totally oblivious to being either late or early until they get there.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As for the clocks, if I want a new clock I only buy ones that sort themselves out now.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Missed it - was not awake this morning to see the hands if my clock wind forward at speed. (oldish radio controlled clock)

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

'the hands if my clock wind forward at speed'

There's got to be a short story in that where the hands keep going and you find you've jumped forward in time.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I predict it'll get colder a bit later tonight ... by an hour, relative to last night?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Doesn't the Queen or government, employ someone who goes around the palaces to change all the clocks. I wonder if its a case of completing the task, only to restart straight again?.

We have twelve clocks to change in our household, except the 'radio controlled' one. Keep saying that all will be radio controlled, but so far, it hasn't happened?.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"As for the clocks, if I want a new clock I only buy ones that sort themselves out now."

Our alarm clock sorts itself out too, though not necessarily on the right day!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer