We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows OS

woodchip

Likes # 0

How Many new updated OS's before Gaits gets it right or I die? which will comes first

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS we seem to have had three fails out of the last set "Win Me, Win Vista and now Win 8

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I wish they would start from fresh rather than keep fudging the old system.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I liked XP and I also like Windows 7 but Windows 8 is one I shan't even bother with.

Sound like an Aldi advert.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I'm in the same boat as Carver.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

As they seem to get every other one right and then mess up the following perhaps "Windows Blue" (code name for the next version) will be good.

Haven't tried 7 or 8 yet, have XP on desktop and 98 2000 pro and vista on laptops

looking to upgrade soon probably to a Chillblast Longbow, Orb or Lynx, but can't make up my mind whether to go for for W7 on a SSD or W8 on a normal drive.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

I've got ubuntu installed on my laptop on an SSD as a trial run. Lightening fast and easy to use. I'm not going to upgrade my Win7 desktop, I'm quite happy with it as it is. Maybe if it goes horribly wrong, then I might put ubuntu on that as well. Mr. Gates can keep churning out his bloated OSs' I for one am not interested.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I have win 7 on my desktop with an SSD and its fast enough for my needs. I to am avoiding win 8.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

I took advantage? of W8 several weeks ago when the price dropped to £49, albeit a pricing error.IMO a total waste of time and space However I am perfectly happy with W7

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to try W8 on a touchscreen to appreciate its qualities.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I jumped from XP to W7 and am very pleased with it. I will not move to W8 for the moment.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015