We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Uk running out of gas

bumpkin

Likes # 0

According to the media we are running out of gas so it may have to be rationed. Can anyone explain how this would be done.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

ration books

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Raising the price will do it.

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

Andrew Mitchell has been compiling a list of all the plebs.

He will, personally, go around and switch off all those marked in his little black book.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

Well one thing is for sure, if it is cut off to homes it cannot just be switched back on.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Woodchip, good idea, tiny ones for the plebs and big fat ones for our "superiors". rdave, a perfect opportunity for raising the price then it can be raised again when we have a surplus due to increased storage costs, are you a politician by any chance.N47 I thought I saw someone like Mitchell nosing round my meter earlier, said he had come to read it. Thinks I am stupid obviously.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Perhaps consumption could be reduced by reducing the mains pressure? But I dont know how much this could be done by before safety becomes an issue, and if it would save all that much before it does so.

WTM

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Simple answer is connect a pipe to the house of commons and extract all the gas coming from there, there should be plenty to keep this country supplied for decades to come.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Uk running out of gas

That's a lie, due to an enforced diet regime I am full of it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

There was an excess of it on this forum yesterday.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

We have 20 days storage, France has 90, US has 6 months. We have only a few days left with tankers on the way. It's a race against time whether I can cook supper or not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement