We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I take it that nobody was overawed with the budget...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Well I for one will be at least £2 a year better off with the penny off beer tax.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

1p off a pint. Got to be joking!! It's just politics. If he really wanted the house market to get going he should have up the threshold from 250,000 to say 270000 or even 300,000. Then 3% from 250,000 upwards is a JOKE.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I was slightly overawed [oxymoron] at the helluva big ever-changing deficit number that filled the whole length of the bigscreen on sky TV down at my local ... astronomical figures!

PS. I'll have to drink a hundred pints of beer to save a pound ... !!!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... and I'm teatotal, to boot.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. Does that mean you only drink tea?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't think that's totally true...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.lau - only if the T is in a pint glass and is Ice-cold. [Tennants brew is me favourite].

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Tetley make teabeer.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - I'm willing to compromise ... if needs be ;o]

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Who actually expects a pint to fall by 1p at their local?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Let me begin by saying I do not like Ed Miliband just so my comments can be seen against that background.

That said, I failed to see what the point was of going on about Osborne's train ticket and being booed at the Paralympics when what I wanted to hear was how things could be done differently.

We're in a perilous position when we have a government that can't seem to make progress in addressing the major problems and an opposition that is simply a joke.

Because I have a twisted mind, I think the 1p off beer is a stalking horse. There's been plenty of reaction saying it makes very little difference. I wonder what those voices will say when the government announces its plans regarding reducing problem alcohol consumption through minimum unit pricing or some other means.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features