We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Glasgow needs a spec savers

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

Honestly the thing is 2ft high and some body just walked off with it enter link description here it isn't as though you can just put it in a bag or in a coat pocket and I believe you would look a bit suspicious with it shoved up your jumper.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

....and some people think Scots don't have enough skills to be independent??

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The thing that would concern me the most, is how a children's charity might afford £10.000 designer egg as a fund raising gimmick, and at the same time, apparently have no safeguard in action?.

The next questions: Was this a prank - Will it be on an auction website - Was this mistaken for a Cadburys egg with the fancy wrappers - Or was there a conspiracy?.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

spider9 thank you for making my afternoon, there is still humour out there and spuds the police have issued an identiphoto enter link description here

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Given the Scots understanding of nutrition, I'm expecting to hear about cases of fibreglass poisoning.

What does a deep-fried fibreglass Easter egg taste like?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member- I was going to add similar comments, but thought that the humour or intent would not be appreciated?.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spuds

I can't bring any of them to mind but I know I've read stories about things getting stolen because the thieves didn't realise they were fakes.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

On a more serious not what has this country and it's people become. It's sad!

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Meant to add that treating it with humour seems to me to excuse the culprit/s. Part of problem is society has a tendency to see the funny side of things. I do think humour has its place but not when it's outright theft and a total disrespect for others' property.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

rickf sometimes you have to resort to humour because other wise how do you cope with this sad world.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - There are 101 (now 100) giant eggs the bigegghunt. I suggest that they were all donated and are due to be auctioned at the end. I don't know where it was but inside a shopping mall or shop would seem likely so safeguarding it shouldn't have been a problem.

On a lighter note has Aitchbee seen it on his bus or at the pub or bookies?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days