We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor Website

happyhacker

Likes # 0

I have a reasonably fast Win 7 Pro laptop but I am constantly annoyed when loading the PC Advisor pages. Especially so when I got that flashy ad which I didn't want and had to wait several seconds for it to finish before I could close it. There is just too much stuff flashing around on the page.

Please do something or I will stop coming to this website!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

passing through

People have different connection speeds, and that will have a big effect on page loading times.

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I live 2 miles away from our exchange and if lucky have a 2.5Mbps connection.

The reason PCA loads so fast in IE10 is because I have the script disabled.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

After FE's comment @ 7.08, I thought I'd better clarify the issue.

At one point, the background Ad was taking more than a minute to load. Of course, not only was it not possible to scroll down the thread, but also, none of the Links were active, so that one couldn't leave the page.

Like this post
happyhacker

Likes # 0

I just cannot stand it any longer! I'll use another forum for my IT postings.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Happy hacker download spyware blaster and run it it gets rid of a lot of ads and pages load much quicker. Well done FE you've got myself and others to get shut of lots of ads, that's a revenue stream intrusion we don't have to put up with.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

happy hacker can you not try anything thats been suggested by myself and others and use an ad blocker?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'