We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor Website

happyhacker

Likes # 0

I have a reasonably fast Win 7 Pro laptop but I am constantly annoyed when loading the PC Advisor pages. Especially so when I got that flashy ad which I didn't want and had to wait several seconds for it to finish before I could close it. There is just too much stuff flashing around on the page.

Please do something or I will stop coming to this website!

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I live 2 miles away from our exchange and if lucky have a 2.5Mbps connection.

The reason PCA loads so fast in IE10 is because I have the script disabled.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

After FE's comment @ 7.08, I thought I'd better clarify the issue.

At one point, the background Ad was taking more than a minute to load. Of course, not only was it not possible to scroll down the thread, but also, none of the Links were active, so that one couldn't leave the page.

Like this post
happyhacker

Likes # 0

I just cannot stand it any longer! I'll use another forum for my IT postings.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Happy hacker download spyware blaster and run it it gets rid of a lot of ads and pages load much quicker. Well done FE you've got myself and others to get shut of lots of ads, that's a revenue stream intrusion we don't have to put up with.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

happy hacker can you not try anything thats been suggested by myself and others and use an ad blocker?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

happyhacker

The only way out of that is to use an adblocker like most of the rest of us.

The adds are here to stay so there is only the one alternative.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The ads pay for the site, and enable it to remain free.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Your Browser should have a Add Blocker built in, turn it on

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

woodchip: - Where is the Ad-Blocker for IE10, or can you recommend an alternative, preferably free!

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Just for info:

Previously I had the IE8 browser installed but now, thanks to a Windows update, have IE10 running. For me, using Windows7 Pro OS, the transformation is quite remarkable. I was suffering with slow webpages loading, especially this PCA website, but now pages load very fast and I am very pleased with this browser. TC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad