We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor Website

happyhacker

Likes # 0

I have a reasonably fast Win 7 Pro laptop but I am constantly annoyed when loading the PC Advisor pages. Especially so when I got that flashy ad which I didn't want and had to wait several seconds for it to finish before I could close it. There is just too much stuff flashing around on the page.

Please do something or I will stop coming to this website!

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 1

I don't know whether it is luck on my set up on W7or just plain chance but I don't seem to be bothered by ad interference to any annoying degree. They are there on the sides and occasionally on a pop up that is easily removed but rarely do they interrupt the various forum pages I want to consult I have found it is such a useful Forum for all sorts of reasons over at least 5 year plus that I can put up with a degree of commercial pitching

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 1

My experience is pretty much the same as tigertops2. So I find it no big deal. Once or twice over the past six or so years there is an exception and from what our FE says they are dealing with one now. So I am quite happy with the site. I get more problems with my own computer, but that's because I am not a geek like some of you youngsters who have been taught in school and should therefore be ready to deal with pop up ads.

Like this post
happyhacker

Likes # 0

Of course the more flashy stuff on a website the more bandwidth used and if on a limited bandwidth per month deal the more it is used up by someone else in an unwanted fashion!

One thing I hate more than anything is a video opening automatically. I instantly leave the site.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As I have said many times disable Java Script in your Browser and a lot of your problems will be gone. however, you do need it running to post a link

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

FE i do not have any statistics,but from the constant complaints of the forum about load speeds i will let the forum judge if or if i'm correct on loading times.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Woodchip

You can still post a link with Javascript off, just cut and paste it into the posting.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

W7 and IE10, newly loaded.

Fairly flying today: Page refresh time reduced from 35 seconds to about 10, which is quite acceptable.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

happy hacker Try this ad blocker it certainly works on this site

http://simple-adblock.com/faq/internet-explorer-9/

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

wee eddie

IE10 with windows 7

PCA pages load in less than 0.5 of a second, that is 1/2 of a second.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

passing through

People have different connection speeds, and that will have a big effect on page loading times.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features