We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Karaoke in the House?

spider9
Resolved

Likes # 0

Karaoke

Was anyone else finding it hard to picture our MPs at a karaoke night in the Houses of Parliament?

Seems they are a regular feature.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Karaoke is best left to the pubs that I don't go to.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

MP's should set the nation an example by closing all bars in Westminster Palace. They should certainly not be allowed to drink in their place of work. I am sure I was never allowed to do so apart from when I managed a pub. They obviously can't hold it anyway.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Bingalau

I'm half in agreement with you.

I do think politicians need to take alcohol more seriously and having a bar at work is a bad idea but this was the Sports & Social Club bar and, though less common these days, the works' social club used to be a common thing for larger companies.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I am sure I was never allowed to do so "

Wouldn't have done for me. No Naafi clubs, Mallys or Sergeants' or Officers' Mess Bars?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would have to wear a suit 'n' tie to get in ... which would cramp my style ... so, thanks but no thanks.

Like this post  
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

morddwyd. I bet those places you mention were run to tighter rules than the ones in the Houses of Parliament. The ones I frequented were anyway. You didn't use them when you were actually on duty. If you did, then you were a very naughty lad.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

dont you mean a drunken brawl

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

brawl

What a disgrace looking for a punch up MP

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It is unfortunate (!) that directly underneath that story, a link to more politics stories:

"We are here to fight, PM tells party"

"David Cameron appeals to the Tory grassroots to focus on defeating Labour, saying "we are here to fight", at the party's spring conference. "

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more