We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This Week Tea & Coffee...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

are good for you again.

It doesn't seem that long since my morning coffee was bad for me!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Quickbeam don't get too excited this time next month they will be bad for you again and the milk you put into them will no doubt give you cancer.

And picking the cups up more than 10 times will give you RSI

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Maybe I should gorge on it while it's good for me?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Better drink it now while it's still good for you but don't sit down to drink it enter link description here but that was last year so it may be OK now.

And don't forget that if you have plenty of fruit to get you healthy it will strip the enamel of your teeth so you could need dentures then you will not be able to eat the apples.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

In the 17th century Cornelis Bontekoe advised people to 'drink fifty or a hundred or two hundred cups at a time'. Some say he was a great believer in its power, others point out that he was paid by the Dutch East Indies Company.

I don't know where the Express gets its third from except by adding together the effects of green tea and coffee, something that the researchers don't do.

The key sentence is 'The drink has developed a reputation for being healthy' meaning people who want to be healthy are more likely to drink it. Those same people are also more likely to exercise, drink less and eat well. It says the research allowed for these confounders but that is very hard to do.

I can only assume that the Express says 'Previous research has shown green tea can also lower the risk of heart disease' because it doesn't want to say that this research did not find a link.

I'm sorry to give a serious reply to a light-hearted thread but it makes me crazy. The media happily misreports scientific stories and, by doing so, devalues scientists in the public mind. That same media then writes about how the UK is failing to develop because not enough young people are studying science at university.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

four member calm down, stress is no good for you enter link description here have a look here enter link description hereand quickbeam by the time you have finished you nay think the horse burgers were not so bad.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It must be a serious no news day as that is the front page story that caught my eye as I was buying bread at the co-op.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

The news is overdramatized.

Thank goodness for NHS Choices.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Perhaps we should just drink water and eat Soylent Green.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I take 1 X 75mg aspirin tablet [prescribed by my doctor] daily, to help prevent me getting/taking a stroke. Is green tea available on prescription?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not if you wish to take it in the Willow Tea Rooms!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)