We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The new Pope

Clapton is God
Resolved

Likes # 0

Now that a new Pope has been elected I have the perfect first task for him.

Noting that he's Argentinian by birth he should take the next flight to the Falkland Islands and apologise on behalf of all his fellow countrymen for causing so much trouble and concern to the islanders for God (his boss) knows how long.

Whilst he's there he can also take the opportunity to renounce all of Argentina's claims to the island.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Think he's already aware.

Falklands

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Of far more significance than his nationality is the fact that he is a Jesuit, the first I think.

They are the "thinking" order, much more worldly and realistic in their outlook (and the few I have known have a wicked sense of humour!).

Many, and I am one of them, believe that they have been the unseen power and influence on the Catholic Church for hundreds of years.

For the record I am a non-Catholic and speaking objectively.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"They are the "thinking" order, much more worldly and realistic in their outlook (and the few I have known have a wicked sense of humour!)."

The immediate image of a Jusuit that comes to my mind is their role in The Inquisition.

All done in the name of a loving God...

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Someone at the BBC also thinks the same.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Like I said, unseen power and influence.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ah, I mistook the tone of your post:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015