We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where do you eat your meals?

oresome

Likes # 0

Six out of ten meals consumed in British homes are eaten in front of the television.

Research has revealed that millions of families have all but abandoned the dining table and now retire to the sofa to enjoy their meal.

We eat almost every meal at the dining table with the TV in the through lounge turned off, both now as a couple and when there were four of us at home. We enjoy our food, conversation and wine (but not wine every night).

Are we unusual?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

They also know you are not going to eat their meat products. By the way I forgot to say, "Do not breath all over your girlfriend after eating tinned mackeral".

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - Is that advice from a book of etiquette, or from your own experience with the 'fairer sex'?

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Breakfast in the living room catching up on the over-night news Lunch usually in the dining room Tea on a tray in the living room and supper always, but always in the dining room

TV is ALWAYS on a news channel unless we have visitors or guesta

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Breakfast in the living room catching up on the over-night news Lunch usually in the dining room Tea on a tray in the living room and supper always, but always in the dining room

TV is ALWAYS on a news channel unless we have visitors or guesta

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

OOps. Sorry for the double post. Sticky keyboard! :-(

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I see that we still use regional names for our main meals. HondaMan has just added supper to dinner and tea eaten at the dinning room table.

To me a main meal eaten at mid day is dinner, eaten in the early evening it's tea and supper is a biscuit or something similar to put down a late night hunger pang.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I'm of the "sit up at the table" with the table properly laid and a nice table cloth generation.

These days however breakfast and tea are normally eaten in bed, and lunch at a supper table (the type that looks like a coffee table but which lifts up on cantilever springs.), as our dining area is my wife's studio.

I normally eat alone.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Eating in bed: You might as well throw a shovelful of pea gravel in to the bed. If I as much as detect a single grain of foreign matter in between the sheets I've got to get up and change the bedding!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

My wife's the same, which is unfortunate, as she's now confined to bed five days out of seven.

I wouldn't mind, but she gets angry of I brush them out onto the floor!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. Of course, my wife would have kicked me out if I approached her with the smell of oily mackerel. I don't like garlic though and that is worse by far. Luckily she wasn't keen on garlic either, too new fangled for her type of cooking. But boy could she turn out a good curry, she was taught by our Amah in Singers. How I wish she were here to turn one out tonight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more