We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Sponsored by Mobile Security

Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Which three of the following functions do you use most often on your smartphone?

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

I'll try estimate which are the most used three. Probably social networking, gaming and web browser with a split between camera, txt, email, & phone coming in a close fourth.

Reading news would probably be split between web browser and specific apps like Independent, google mags and g+

(Nexus 4 on Jelly Bean)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The question is which 3 you use most often but you can tick as many as you like.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

What interests me is that - so far - it seems that these expensive phones are used more for texting than for making calls.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Today, the check-out girl at my local LIDL, pulled out her 'smart-phone' when I queried the price of 6 wholemeal rolls [which had a 30% off sticker on the outer wrapping]. I thought she was going to phone the shop manager ... but it turned out she was just looking up a number code to cancel the transaction and refund me with 12p ... impressive stuff!

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

My top three are;

1. clock/alarm clock ( don't wear a watch )

2. phone

3. text.

In truth they are the only 3 functions I use.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The main one I use isn't there.

Mine is mainly used as a PDA, with a phone function which I use maybe two or three times a month.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Phone, text & music (audio book reader).

Like morddwyd, the most used PDA function, and also mapping (satnav & memory map ordnance maps), but they aren't listed.

Strangely, the phone and text functions are used on a Nokia 700 that's nicely small and pocket sized, but too small for serious web browsing stuff. the rest of the functions are used on a 4.5" screen HTC that's far too big to live in a trouser pocket!

If the purpose of the poll is to design future phones, don't forget that some of us want smaller not bigger 12" screens...

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

It's funny but my main use is as a phone, followed by web use then camera.

Texting is some thing I hate doing but it could just be an age thing, takes me about 5 minutes to send a text but my daughter and son can send a short novel in same time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...