We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Serving or ex-military personnel

Kevscar1

Likes # 0

I have a hearing on Friday for a judicial review into the Police Medical Appeals Board's refusal to allow early release of my pension due to permant disability. What I need to know is if you were to become permantly disabled are you allowed to request early release of your servie pension and if the MOD reused is there an independant body you can appeal to and it's name.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I have my judicial review at the High Court in June".

That's good news.

You would be well advised to be represented at the review, and depending on your personal circumstances you may be eligible for public funding - it's what used to be called Legal aid. It is now dealt with by the Legal Services Commission, and they need to be satisfied that your case has a good chance of success before they will grant Public Funding. You might want to talk to a solicitor who does this kind of work, because if you are going to be represented at the review you'll have to obtain what's called a 'Legal Representation Certificate'.

I suggest that if you need help with Public funding you contact Community Legal Services on 0845 608 1122. They'll be able to provide details of legal advisers in your area who can help.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Already tried to get help but was told I can't because my ESA is contribution based not income, this has also stopped me getting grants and other things.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014