We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 850

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Sorry to say but I have changed my mind, I shall revert back to one postcard per thread. It is a lot easier for me, it doesn’t seem to flow at all this way, sorry folks but you will have to blame the silent minority and not me for this!

We have been to this town before but not this location.

click here

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Brumas, Not my decision of course but if I were you I wouldn't bother. Friday night's would not be the same without you but when the minority win the vote there's something wrong with the system.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

I think the comments were totally uncalled for I actually thought it was said in a joking matter but obviously not.

You made it clear on other posts that surplus cards were sold off and what you do with your cards is nobody else's business but yours.

Lets hope things settle down and we can get back to normal again.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Thanks to the Old Guard, you know who you are, for understanding where I'm coming from.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Brumas

I do believe that my foot in gob post has been taken the wrong way. I apologise fully to you and your Fran if what I considered a light tongue in cheek comment was taken seriously in any way.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and caused any upset, I've always admitted that diplomacy is not my forte.

QB

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam Accepted, let's forget all about it and be pals now.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Brumas

This whole issue is getting a bit out of proportion. For some of us your Friday evening effort is one of the highlights of the week on Speakers Forum. In my view the threads recently have been a bit sparse and I would have thought that whilst participation in your puzzle may be a minority interest, they must pull in some folk who then participate in other threads and Forums. Fair enough that some found a second evening a "step too far". That decision is fine, so please move on and keep to the old,successful, Friday format.

I hope you will ignore the few negative comments - even those were not very strong - and continue your work with our thanks.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It's now all water under that proverbial bridge ... do you remember throwing a twig from one side of a river bridge, into the water, and then watch it [the twig] disappear under the bridge, then reappear on the other side just to disappear into the distance...

All's Well That Ends Well [B. Shakespeare]

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Aitchbee Ah, you mean Pooh Sticks, often used to play it with the kids when they were young, we all enjoyed it.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan I enjoy Friday nights so I will certainly carry on for as long as I am tolerated ;o}

Where else can one use the old grey cells, have a good moan, enjoy the craic, wander off subject and generally be in the company of like minded good sorts such as ourselves ;o}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED