We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 850

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Sorry to say but I have changed my mind, I shall revert back to one postcard per thread. It is a lot easier for me, it doesn’t seem to flow at all this way, sorry folks but you will have to blame the silent minority and not me for this!

We have been to this town before but not this location.

click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Nice one Lazarus The 2nd .

Must admit I had a hard job finding the photo.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm rather annoyed at myself as I looked at Mexborough at the beginning.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd,Well Done

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry - Have to stop for tonight.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

It was a hard one to find.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That junction, now a roundabout as you said, is just a hundred yards past the last building I photographed on the east end Main St a couple of weeks back. I pass it regularly, but didn't get it without the roundabout to make it look right.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Just as a matter of interest, Jock1e's link to the same card (although how he thinks it might not be the same one withthe same two cars pulling out of the junction and the same group of scool kids loitering out of school...) on Ebay (relinked here again), has a post cost of 80p for economy delivery.

Why should that be? UK first class post is only 60p if he just sticks a stamp on the back and posts it!

This wouldn't normally bother me, but looking at the seller's ID and location I have to wonder if a certain person on this forum is making a lucrative undeclared Ebay income, and the real reason for limiting the picture quiz is because some members thought he was using the forum to further his own business interests...

Sleeping dogs tell tails;)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

It is no secret that Fran, my wife who is disabled, buys and sells a few postcards but I must also point out that it IS declared!

There is the cost of C5 board backed envelopes, which are not cheap, in which the postcards are sent, the printed address label, the paper used for printing the invoice and of course the price of ink for the printer to be factored in to the final amount. There is also PayPal fees and eBay fees, which are not cheap, to add to all that. If you look, many other sellers charge a lot more. It is not lucrative,I wish only, it is only pin money!

I must admit this has left a nasty taste in both our mouths and Fran is really upset.

I don't think I want to carry on Fridays if this is what people are thinking!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

As the only one who has so far gone public, may I, at the outset, dissociate myself totally from any such thought.

Please carry on Brumas, had I known that the mild concern which I expressed to the Forum Editor was going to lead to the various misgivings that people have, let alone this latest suggestion, I never would have made it.

I would like to take this chance to apologise to anybody who feels particularly grieved by my action, particularly you, Brumas, though I'm pretty sure that you, of all people, know there was no spite, malice or other negativity intended.Please also make my apology known to Fran. Upsetting her is the worst result of all.

Laurie

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

morddwyd

No apology is needed as I'm certainly sure it was never your intention to 'open a can of worms' and Fran is certainly not upset with you. At least you had the courage of your convictions to go public, I respect that.

Hopefully this will see a line drawn under this.

Of course I will continue, Friday night wouldn't be the same for me and, I'd like to think. a lot more others.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......