We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Alan Sugar

Clapton is God
Resolved

Likes # 0

It seems that in his industrial tribunal case with Stella English, Alan Sugar is proving to be all that I ever suspected he really was.

A jumped-up, uncouth, ill-tempered East End barrow boy.

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

fourm member

Thank you.

That is something I did not know.

It now makes perfect sense.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

I thought her complaint of being an 'overpaid lackey' was interesting, I might have had sympathy for an 'underpaid one!!

But when a 'game' turns into serious work there are sure to be problems, I suppose.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

and I alway thought it was OP Opening Post or Poster

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

And I thought it was OP - Original Poster!

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I confess to not understanding the issue.

I thought Stella had a one year contract and it wasn't renewed.

Surely this isn't dismisal, constructive or otherwise?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

oresome

From what I've read, and I don't claim to have paid a lot of attention, Sugar offered her another job after the 'prize' ran out.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

If she'd played her cards right, she should easily have blagged her way into another job on the back of the Sugar Apprentice thing.

I've always had the opinion that if you're paid £20k pa you've no chance of getting your foot straight into the door of a £200kpa job even if you are clearly capable of doing it. But I keep reading about incompetents that find another £200k job after an ignominious golden handshake. Once you get into the £200k+ club, you seem to be blackball proof...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Stella's big mistake appears to have been the fact that she went over the head of her boss Bordan Tkachuk, chief executive of Viglen when she though she had spotted some money missing in the company's accounts.

She emailed Tkachuk about it, and he sent her what she describes as "a scathing reply", copying in everyone else in the office.

She went direct to Alan Sugar about it, and the rest of the story more or less writes itself. There was bad feeling all round, and Sugar quite naturally supported the man he has known and trusted for years.

It's all a journalist's delight.

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

I think that copying in the rest of the office was over the top by her boss. It's like giving someone a dressing down in front of the whole team, which could get you into hot water under the Dignity at Work Act.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...