We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

High Court Judge Imposes Death Sentences

fourm member

Likes # 0

The problems with child heart surgery in Bristol happened from 1990 to 1995, nearly 20 years ago.

Today's High Court ruling means the NHS is still not able to make the changes that will reduce the number of deaths resulting from surgeons not having enough practice for the most difficult cases.

Most of the media coverage seems to be suggesting this is a victory for patients but it is not. Until the changes in heart surgery are implemented children will die when they could have survived.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Misunderstanding or Mischief?

It seems the reports that surgery was resuming were wrong. I wonder how that came about.

The fact that talks lasted all day but no decision to restart was made rather suggests that it is more complex than the simple claim that the data was wrong.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I don't think "Misunderstanding or mischief?", as anything to do with it.

More like a case of a government decision, that they want the facility to move- end off!.

I mentioned that I was involved with my local hospital, who are also going through 'review' procedures, on similar lines to other hospital's offering or providing the services in question. And have been going through these proposed review procedures for quite a long time now. Attending actual meetings in the areas concerned, brings to the fore what is actually going on, not what some 'expert' or media report might possibly suggest?.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spuds

I was referring to yesterday's false report that surgery had resumed.

I just wondered how that came about.

'More like a case of a government decision, that they want the facility to move- end off!.'

Have you read none of this thread or none of the reports about this situation?

What the 'government' wants is to reduce the number of deaths of very young children. After far too many years of discovery and study, it is high time the necessary action towards that goal was taken.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member

Please don't try to insult me by stating " Have you read none of this thread or none of the reports about this situation?".

If you had read my present and previous comments on this subject within this forum, I could possibly say that I am more in tune to the situation that you are, or you obviously may think.

I repeat " More like a case of a government decision, that they want the facility to move - end off". Perhaps your "Misunderstanding or Mischief" were appropriate or wrong?.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spuds

I'm surprised that you felt insulted because you have given clear evidence that you pay no attention to anything unless it conforms to your predetermined version of events.

What people should be up in arms about is how long it is taking to get this re-organisation in place.

Of course, if they were, they might have to confront the reality that it is their ridiculous prejudices that have made the whole thing so drawn out.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Also a problem in Northern Ireland, services being withdrawn from this part of the UK and now only available in the Republic of Ireland http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-22290110

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not surprised in the least!

I notice that the government as intervened, and this subject as raised its head again, as being another 'flawed' report and exercise?.

Seeing the BBC Parliament Freeview program the other evening, I noticed how a number of MP's have now got very interested in this,and made speeches before the house, and the subject of the six million pounds spent on this exercise so far, and how much of this money had gone to outside consultant's for their services?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...