We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: Do you plan on buying a smart watch?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Smart watches are set to be the next big thing, but what do you make of them?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Do you plan on buying a smart watch?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You could always put a smart MP3 player on a gold watch chain across your weskit.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

I love this sort of technology. When Casio brought out their first digital watch with a calculator I had one strait away and found it very useful.

Then came the programmable infrared remote control watch, brilliant I thought. Pre-program all your TV, cable box, dvd player settings and no more need to even pick up remotes. I had previously tried those all in one types of remote but they were always very unreliable.

After many hours setting up the watch for all my systems it became impossible to use. Due to having so few feature buttons you had to remember so many configurations of buttons to change between TV volume or channel or dvd on/start etc. Never used it again after a couple of days.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

For the record, I'm very much in the 'I don't see the point but I kind of want one' camp. It's how I feel about tablets (and I have a couple of them...)

More importantly: sorry all posts were seen as spam on this thread for a while. It turns out we had banned the word 'watch', because a watch vendor was spamming the site! Apologies.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Watch out...

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

Will they have touch screens? If so do you have to use your "pinkie" or will they be the size of touch screen mobile phones so you can use your fingers?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

As yet no-one has answered the question, what is a smart watch?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I posted a link earlier.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"As yet no-one has answered the question, what is a smart watch?"

A watch that is smart.

Like me in a suit........If you squint at me whilst wearing someone else's glasses!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

In addition to Quickbeam's imsmart. It is rumoured that Apple is developing one.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

woolwell

Thank you.

QB

Sorry, I missed your earlier link.

Don't think I'll be bothering!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen