We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

21% yesterday in brother in laws garden

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Any body else find it hot yesterday.

21% in Northants yesterday.

Now that was registered in my Brother in laws garden which can be a bit of a sun trap but noticed quite a few folk up town in short sleeves.

Just wondering if that is the start of the weather that we can expect this year.Plenty of Sunshine followed by another Hosepipe ban.

And we all know what happened after the last hosepipe ban.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

5 degrees and foggy here, and today looks like being the same.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

One day wonder, I'm afraid. Weather turning wet with a chill wind.

It is possible that this snowstorm could cross the Atlantic in about a week.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Dull and a bit misty here just now so lets hope the sun comes out and gives us a good day.

Another day like yesterday will do.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

When I saw the thread header I wondered what you meant by 21 percent in your brother in laws garden. I thought it referred to strong drink.lol.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Nice one Chronos the 2nd.

I was going to type degrees on to it but was not quite sure of the spelling.

Quickbeam's post confirmed that my spelling would have been correct.

I used to be quite good at spelling but that was a long time ago.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Yesterday +12.5C here in sunny Oxfordshire. Not shirt sleeves yet but it did make for very pleasant gardening.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Chronus I was equally puzzled, but a good thread title, as I just had to read more :)

Well yesterday I had to spend several minutes removing ice from my car -1deg and fog, warmed up slightly to 3deg but fog worsened. Today very cold damp and a little fog. East coast south of the Humber.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

On the subject of fog; do the drivers that switch their 1 candlepower sidelights on in thick fog ever notice the others that do the same, and think to themselves, how really useless that level of illumination is?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Lovely day yesterday in God's Little Acre, though I have no idea what the temperature was. The morning was quite cool but the afternoon was shirt sleeve weather in the garden. I just sat looking at it with a nice cold beer in my hand. (Just in case it never happens again this year of course). You have to take advantage of the good weather when it occurs.

I was a little puzzled by the per-centage sign too in the title of this thread. I normally use "Alt and 0186" on the numbers keyboard. That gives me this º which I use for the degree sign. No doubt others have different methods of getting to it. I have a printout of the symbols I use most which saves me going through the "Insert-Symbol" method But my list is mostly German umlauts etc., for when I am writing to my friends in Germany. "Alt and 0128" gives me the one I use most which is the Euro sign. €.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Nothing worse than driving behind someone who has left their fog lights on when the fog has lifted.

A little spot of rain earlier on here now the sun is trying to pop out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......