We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 846

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

(cue fanfare of trumpets and drum roll)........aaaandd now, by popular request and no expenses spared, the one, the only, the inimitable IL/TP Mark Two Monday Member’s Meeting (run out of alliterations)...

Let’s get on shall we?

click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I was looking for Bus stations and still never got close.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I would not have got close but for the Lancashire clue. I was at the other end of the sector.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Woolwell

So was I - must have looked at 30 or so! Thank goodness you found it, well done

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Well Done, Bus Station, Accrington.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

The old man waiting to cross the Zebra is none other than Stanley I presume?

Good morning everybody I went to bed early with a dickie tummy and have just got up for a drink and a walkabout. Couldn't resist having a gander at the second P.P. corner.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Over the years Brumas has posted many scenes from postcards. Scenes that are sometimes of interest by way of an unusual event or of a pleasing view of some town centre, but this one takes the biscuit for being an outright boring scene!

Who the hell would have bought and sent this scene, and why...?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... those long LEGO-like chimney stacks bring back fond childhood [toyhood?] memories ... I wonder if they are constructed of alternate layers:-

RED

WHITE

RED

WHITE

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Who would have bought it? - Bus spotters, people who have recollections of seeing relatives, lovers off on bus, or perhaps there is nothing else remarkable about Accrington? Now to wait for the flak from Lancastrians!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam As the entrepreneur and self taught architect who designed and sourced the recycled portacabins for this aesthetically pleasing vision of the 21st century transport hub I am mortally offended by your slur - you will be hearing from my solicitor. For your information, the complete run of postcards, all 10,000 were sold and my mother has them displayed in a prominent position in her prefab assuring me that they are more durable than wall paper and cheap at half the job lot price she willing paid ;o}}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You surely have to admit that the subject matter of this card is banality personified... don't you?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......