We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone recommend a glue?

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I'm looking for a glue. It's for my boots. I dont know if I'm just unlucky, but I'm going through rather a lot of them. Typically up to 6 pairs a year, which is odd as I dont walk very far in them, and spend most of the time driving. The usual failure point is where the leather uppers meet the synthetic soles, they just part company. it's a failure of whatever means is used to atach the two rather than the materials themselves.

There is no pattern to which ones go, seems evenly split (no pun intended) between left and right.

I'm fed up with throwing away otherwise ok safety footwear. I've considered a hot glue gun, but I dont think the result would be flexible enough.

Any ideas?

WTM

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Will Blutac do the same as this Sugru stuff? It looks like brown Blutac to me...

And it looks like a complete vote of no confidence in the Trotters Independent Trading Empire type chappies!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You get what you pay for. Like you spent most of my working life in steel toecap boots and latterly shoes and I must admit spending a fair bit of cash on them.Or rather I would have done had there not been an excellent discount scheme with the firm I worked for. You were entitled to a free pair each year which I sold on and then bought a far better quality boot which A was a better option for my feet and B far more comfortable and C far better warranty should they fail in anyway.

The sort of choice I had. Boots. My personal favourites were boots from Timberland,RockFall and Caterpillar. Does not help you with your glue choice but buy decent quality boots and you are unlikely to have your problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'