We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Forum flying toninght.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

I don't know what the boffins have done, or if this post is in the right forum, but PCA is back to its old speed. It's bliss to be able to change forums, refresh, and almost instantaneously it works without the long script.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

pavvi

We don't use any Flash on the forums, but some of the ads are Flash files.

I've just been running through the forums using Safari 5.1.7 for Windows, and so far I haven't experienced any problems at all.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I usually access the site using an iPad and unless i turn off Javacript the site is virtually unusable.

The latest bugbear being the Nissan Leaf advert putting black borders on each side reducing the size of the thread text.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

bremner

The site is not good on an iPad, as I know only too well. Our development team is aware of it, but to be honest I have all kinds of problems with certain other sites on my iPad.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor , noted your other post but this site is still flying, IE 10, for me.

Admittedly later at night it's a tad faster, but even so, something has changed?

Surprised an over expensive iPad can't cope.

Still, if you complain to Apple, they'll sort out the problem.

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

08.57am and it's like swimming in treacle again, but I'll not complain; I'll just put up with it until I've done what I want to do then I'll move on elsewhere, no loitering today :)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Very poor using Firefox for most of yesterday and the same this morning.

Waiting for.Then it goes through and endless amount of names.It was the same yesterday using I/E10 but I think most slow downs seem to come on a Friday or the weekend.

Apart from this small problem it has been running very good lately and no doubt it will again after they sort this little problem out.

I will check that it is running ok on other web pages just in case it might just be a problem with my computer.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Jock1e -

" ... just in case it might just be a problem with my computer."

An understatement ... if ever I've heard one. Tell me about it :o[

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok just wondering if it could have been the latest update to Firefox the other day that was causing the problem or maybe running without java installed.

So maybe be not a PCA problem so maybe a bit quick to judge.

It seems to be a bit intermittent fast slow slow fast so can't put my finger on the problem.I may just download Java again to see if that helps.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Just checked on I/E 10 and it is running really quick so will put it down to a Firefox problem.

Must have been the last update.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Jock1e - thanks for that info. Is IE10 ok for windows7, then?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow