We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point.

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It would appear that some of the Old Guard would like to see a second edition possibly on a Monday night, I have no problem with that as Fran has enough postcards to last until 2020 and beyond!

If enough of you express an interest I would however, make two provisos, one compulsory and one voluntary before I tie another albatross around my neck ;o}} Firstly, as most of you regulars already know, absolutely NO USE OF GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!! Secondly which is of course voluntarily, to share the anecdotal memories and observations which surfaced in the identifying process - everyone likes a good dose of nostalgia and reminiscence. More than often the resultant craic is more interesting/entertaining then the original subject matter ;o}}

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Brumas. I would like it earlier if possible. I find that by nine p.m. I am just getting in the mood to get my aching spine in to a horizontal positon.

But there are other considerations of course. I know some people don't get finished from work and having their evening meal until later, but about 19.30 hours or there-abouts would suit me better. I know it wouldn't make a ha'porth of difference to my wild guesses though.

Then of course there are the times you have to go on a happy holiday, or are busy doing other things. So don't go making hard and fast rules for yourself about times and things which you are going to find difficult to keep up with.

But I will be all for it if you do go ahead with it no matter what time. As jock1e said, maybe there are some of the old unsolved ones which might be recognised. He is pretty good at the game and may have missed those early ones.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau Thanks for your interest; the thing is, 21:00hrs is a good time for me, earlier wouldn't be convenient.

As far as holidays go , we generally go Monday to Friday arriving back home no later then 20:00hrs so only one night would be missed. The trouble with relisting old unidentified ones is occasionally Fran has a purge and gives me a bundle to take to the Charity Shop, inevitably those are always included!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

7 nights a week if you like.

I can't drink now so don't go out and have nothing better to do although the wife thinks different.

I am quite happy with any time of day or night but of course pick a time that suits yourself.

Had a look at Google image since you mentioned it and would not have a clue how to work it so no problems from me on that score.

Remember if you have to use the clock settings again to put it the right way up.I still have a stiff neck from last Friday.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I did have a copy of the clock which I used. But haven't seen it lately so will have to copy, paste again. Hopefully I can get it the right way up too.

Nice to know somebody else is on the forum besides me today. Three at least.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

[The trouble with relisting old unidentified ones ]

There can not be many of them in the last couple of years.Some of them were solved months later by some of the forum members who never give up.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

click here shall also post it on Friday.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

I suppose there are still a lot that have still got to go out to work.

It has also been mentioned that the Forums are not as busy as they used to be.

Mice comes to mind or Stoogies.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Thanks, but twice a week will be more than enough for moi ;o}

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Thanks Brumas I have it bookmarked now.

And of course it should have been Stooges without the i.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Brumas. Thanks and have bookmarked it. I think I lost the previous one when I put my computer back to its factory settings about twelve months ago, because I was having all sorts of problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK