We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point.

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It would appear that some of the Old Guard would like to see a second edition possibly on a Monday night, I have no problem with that as Fran has enough postcards to last until 2020 and beyond!

If enough of you express an interest I would however, make two provisos, one compulsory and one voluntary before I tie another albatross around my neck ;o}} Firstly, as most of you regulars already know, absolutely NO USE OF GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!! Secondly which is of course voluntarily, to share the anecdotal memories and observations which surfaced in the identifying process - everyone likes a good dose of nostalgia and reminiscence. More than often the resultant craic is more interesting/entertaining then the original subject matter ;o}}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Thanks, but twice a week will be more than enough for moi ;o}"

Anymore than that and you run the risk the sort of overexposure which killed off such people as Wogan and Adrian Chiles being on every night by way of annoyance value. If you appeared every night, we'd all hate you by Christmas!

Like this post  
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam "we'd all hate you by Christmas!" I'm impressed, you snuck in Christmas without opposition before the official allowed date. The rest of the message cut me to the bone ;o{

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I wish you lot would stop cutting and pasting me. It's bad enough with my pal LHO having a strop, because I sent a picture of an Everton fan to her better half, which he inadvertently allowed her to see. (I hope he didn't show it purposely). Now other people are cutting me to the quick. Pasting me all over the place makes me feel as if I'm an unwanted man.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Bing.alau#sthash.aqN8mihH.dpuf

Hung drawn and quartered but still coming out the same with copy and paste.

It was working earlier so don't know why it has started doing it again.

I copy and paste Quickbeam and it comes out properly so not sure why your copy and paste comes out the way it does.

It must be a sign from above or beyond.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

All together now, a Big AHH for poor old Bingalau ;o}}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"The rest of the message cut me to the bone"

I bet you're one of the snitches that's been emailing the headmaster...

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Bingalau

Dear Dad I still think you are wonderful, but you will spend my inheritence.

your loving son

Macscouse

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Macscsouse. When you married that rich Scottish lassie I decided you no longer needed it. (I was going to say talented, rich and beautiful Scottish lassie, but then thought she may think I was trying to creep back in to her affections).

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Lovely day here so I am off in to the garden to see what is to be done and maybe sit and contemplate in the sunshine, it may be a bit too early for a Chota-Peg but it shouldn't be long before the sun is over the yardarm.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam and to think, I once liked you!! ;o}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...