We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point.

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It would appear that some of the Old Guard would like to see a second edition possibly on a Monday night, I have no problem with that as Fran has enough postcards to last until 2020 and beyond!

If enough of you express an interest I would however, make two provisos, one compulsory and one voluntary before I tie another albatross around my neck ;o}} Firstly, as most of you regulars already know, absolutely NO USE OF GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!! Secondly which is of course voluntarily, to share the anecdotal memories and observations which surfaced in the identifying process - everyone likes a good dose of nostalgia and reminiscence. More than often the resultant craic is more interesting/entertaining then the original subject matter ;o}}

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I am pleased with the response, from the old guard and the new, so Monday night it is. I shall now start preparing more postcards so I have a bigger stock to call on.

It is also nice to know that forumites look in and get their enjoyment without having to post a response.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Yes I think I had better join the onlookers, because getting correct answers is not one of my strong points. I think I have only ever got one. Mind you jock1e and john bunyan are too experienced and must have been in every corner of the World. I've been around myself but my memory is kaput.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau Too quote "it's not the winning but the taking part that counts", just carry on, you old scrote and stop whingeing ;o}}

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Bing.alau#sthash.BgsNWTy9.dpuf

That's odd that's what I get when I copy and paste your name.

Just downloaded a Font update from Windows about 10 minutes ago so not sure if that is the problem or not.

Anyway it was just to say that I have never been outside the Uk before never ever had a passport

I was a courier driver for about 14 years so got out and about a lot.

Unfortunately when driving you have your eyes on the road and miss all the sites that can be seen by passengers.

Just a matter of what you type into Google.It is a case of typing what you see and hope for the best.

Anyway looking forward to Monday nights now but I think he should get one in there on Wednesday night just to get us started.

Not sure why your name comes out like that I just tried Brumas's name and it worked as it should.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Jock1e just you Haud yer wheesht! young man and wait til Friday for your fix ;o}}

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

Aye look forward to my Friday nights it is the one night a week that the wife does not moan at me for spending to much time on the computer.

Does it come out the same for you when you copy and pastes Bing.alau on here.

Bing.alau#sthash.Z3Ab8uQY.dpuf,

That's what I get Everyone else comes out normal.Not sure why it should be doing that I can only think that it may have been the latest Windows Update that I downloaded.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Jock1e yes it does but if I go back a page and copy from page two and then go forward and paste in page 3 it is back to normal Bing.alau - weird!!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I'm turning in now, G'Night All.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Brumas

Do you mean Bing.alau is weird or just the Copy and paste.

G'Night past my bedtime as well.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

"Do you mean Bing.alau is weird or just the Copy and paste."

Don't tempt me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?