We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point.

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

It would appear that some of the Old Guard would like to see a second edition possibly on a Monday night, I have no problem with that as Fran has enough postcards to last until 2020 and beyond!

If enough of you express an interest I would however, make two provisos, one compulsory and one voluntary before I tie another albatross around my neck ;o}} Firstly, as most of you regulars already know, absolutely NO USE OF GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH!! Secondly which is of course voluntarily, to share the anecdotal memories and observations which surfaced in the identifying process - everyone likes a good dose of nostalgia and reminiscence. More than often the resultant craic is more interesting/entertaining then the original subject matter ;o}}

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...twice a week will be more than enough for moi"

I think twice a week is fine; you can have too much of a good thing, after all.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Forum Editor, never mind the flattery ;o}} how about having a stab yourself, you did get one right, if memory serves me correctly, a couple of years ago?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Brumas

I always follow it, but seldom recognise any. I am there in spirit.

If you can post some of Canterbury or Sevenoaks and warn me in advance I might be OK!

Looking forward to an extra one.

Got a new wireless keyboard and mouse to-day. Do you think that might help?

I can once again see which key is which.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Keep your muddy paws of the keyboard then.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Delete "of" and insert "off"

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

I'm in the same camp as muddypaws, always have a go, been successful once but got beaten to the post by 30secs. If I send a postcard of my house...........

Look forward to another one, doubles my failure rate. ;-{

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Count me in, but LHO won't play until she gets an apology from Bing.alau for the last photo he posted to us.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Brumas ... if it's going to be on a monday night as well as friday, please could you make it so's it comes on about 8:30pm [just after University Challenge], as my powers of deduction are 'on a higher plain', 'round about then.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

macscouse. It's all your fault you shouldn't let her on the computer.

How much blue woad is she wearing.

Hope she hasn't got one of those little dolls in the image of me to stick pins in? "Ouch! oooh 'eck" she has, hasn't she? .....Sorry LHO. Please don't use the matches.

Like this post
Just.me

Likes # 0

I would like it very much if you could manage a second day of ID/TP.

Once I actually was the first to recognise one of the postcards but due to ill health, and spending more time than I ever wanted in a hospital bed over the last year or so, I now tend to look at them on Saturdays.

This has the unfortunate (for me) effect of meaning that the solution has been found long before I even look at the Friday night postcards. That said, I enjoy trying to identify them and even have recognised two or three as soon as I saw them.

Keep up the good work as I am sure that there will be others like myself who enjoy looking at them even if they don't contribute to the forum banter on Friday nights.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia