We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The First Three Views...?

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

In response to Bingalau's request for more forum activity, I just thought that I'd try to solve this niggle that has been at the back (the very back you understand) of my mind for several years.

Whenever you start a new thread and post it, there is your new thread heading, and always, immediately, without fail, there have been 3 views!

So, just who are these three sad geeks?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

you for one me for another, one more to go

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Hello can I be the third?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Can't have been me, to busy looking at the other postings.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You're not taking this seriously.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Te thought police?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

"You're not taking this seriously"

Oh yes we are

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I think you should go a sit on the naughty step Quickbeam and the reason is, I have just copied this from another thread, Quote: "Small wonder serious thinkers may not, in the first instance, be looking here for "lively and thought provoking debate". You should know by now humour is frowned on here.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

How can you suggest that it's not thought provoking when we've had tinned tomatoes and the recent fascinating floppy disc debates.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

That may well be so but there is a small but well connected clique that thinks that we should only discuss the meaning of life and other such thought provoking topics here. I personally think there is room for lesser subjects such as tinned tomatoes and floppy disks, perhaps we could split the speakers Forum into to separate parts 'Serious' and 'General'?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

No, I think we should remain a broad church, thereby setting an example to some of the narrower thinking churches.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Ultrasonic cover to aid the visually...

IDG UK Sites

Apple iWatch release date, rumours & images - October unveiling, December release expected

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow