We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Too much money or what?

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

£14k per night for a hotel room?

Having a load of money is alright in my eyes, but why do some people feel the need to be so ostentatious. "Because I can", I suppose would be the answer.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I called David Beckham all the names under the sun for that stupid moment when he retaliated after an incident on the football field. Yes I reckoned he lost England's chance of winning the World Cup for the second time. Then after a while I realised that it is only a game. He was young and impetuous. No doubt he has regretted it ever since. But he has more than made up for it. My only other criticism of him is that he never played for Everton. He has set goals for other youngsters to achieve and I think he has been a good ambassador to his country without the addition of his wife. No doubt she has been good for him too.

Yes I am jealous as hell of him and his lifestyle and his money. Isn't everybody? So come on Phil Ocifer pull in your horns and admit it.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Never mind the money, I just wish that he played for Aston Villa !

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I've [still] got a little square skooshy bottle [10fl.oz.] of 'EAU DE TOILETTE' called ' Intimately BECKHAM ' ... a gift from a female admirer. It has New York and Paris connections printed on the bottom [although it was 'made in Spain'.

It makes me feel 'like a million dollars' when I use it. [now 'n' then]

Thanks to David.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Why just pick on the Beckhams, how much money anyone has and how they spend it is entirely their own business.What I find objectionable are those have to have the Ferrari and have to invite you to their big house so that they can show me how much wealthier than are than me and then expect me to respect them for it. Respect is nothing to do with money. Apart from a few enthusiasts who wants a Ferrari anyway, not the most practical vehicle, just for showing off.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"What I find objectionable are those have to have the Ferrari and have to invite you to their big house so that they can show me how much wealthier than are than me "

Don't go, if you feel like that about them.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I just find it becomes tiresome going to all the houses of people with Ferraris .

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There does appear to be a few remarks on Beckham's wealth and football. So perhaps going off subject slightly, I wonder if this will change shortly for football in general, because of the amount of football clubs who are getting heavily in debt due to very heavy wage bills?.

Next seasons there are a number of regulations coming into force regarding this subject (Financial Fair Play Regulations is one). This no doubt will effect a number of clubs?.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Don't go, if you feel like that about them. I don't anymore. Bremner, I just find it becomes tiresome going to all the houses of people with Ferraris . I don't mind sarcasm directed at me, quite amusing at times. I did not mean it was an everyday occurrence nor do they have to be Ferraris, just don't like those that have to show off to try and impress others.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......