We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Too much money or what?

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

£14k per night for a hotel room?

Having a load of money is alright in my eyes, but why do some people feel the need to be so ostentatious. "Because I can", I suppose would be the answer.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Beckham is thought to be playing a long game. It is rumoured that he'll be involved in the World Cup in Qatar. The French team he's playing for is Qatari owned.

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

Jealous? Moi? Not a bit of it. ha ha well, totally jel.com actually.

Notwithstanding, I'm afraid beckham totally lost my respect with the Simeone kick. Good or bad, brilliant footballer, fashion icon, charity donater extraordinaire etc etc etc.

Thanks

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

"Notwithstanding, I'm afraid beckham totally lost my respect.."

..and I'm sure he loses sleep over that, every single night!!

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

spider9

I'm sure recollections of the incident must pass through his brain cell now and again, and I bet he inwardly squirms, gets a hot flush and thinks "why am I such a dickhead?"

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer your last post certainly suggests envy let alone jealousy!

If you can earn that amount of money by thinking you're a "d*head" then why am I poor? .... :)

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

PhilOcifer " and I bet he inwardly squirms, gets a hot flush and thinks "why am I such a dickhead?""

And, equally, I'll bet he doesn't!!

He was a young man who made an error - must he never be allowed to have made amends? He has done much good for sport and charities in the ensuing years, but it obviously makes YOU feel better to continue to berate him (because he has talents you cannot match, I suspect!).

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I'm sure recollections of the incident must pass through his brain cell now and again"

That's the kind of remark (the 'brain cell' part) that says more about you than about David Beckham.

I doubt that there's an adult alive who doesn't recall at least one incident from his or her younger days with embarrassment. David Beckham has since tried hard to be a credit to his country and to his sport, and I think he has succeeded in no small measure.

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

Thanks FE - the word of God has spoken again which must not be disobeyed. Thanks for the personal insult there by the way.

Yes, well he's done a lot of good, but his whole career has been tinged with "incidents". Just when does he cease to be a "young man"?

Jealousy? Envy? Sure. I've been a dickhead most of my life but I don't have a special skill like football so I'm just Mr Ordinary waiting for my 6 numbers to come up on the lotto to make life a little easier.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer

You really should read replies, I said "He was a young man.. ", the important word being WAS.

Nobody says he is still that young man, hence why the reference to " when will he cease to be a young man"??

Any 'famous' person will always have 'incidents' in their careers - the media would have to invent some if there were none, that's how they sell their news.

The irony of you complaining about being personally insulted, by FE, when you had just implied someone else had only one brain cell, is magnificent!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer

"Thanks for the personal insult there by the way."

I made an observation, and you didn't like it. You have no hesitation however, in making a personal insult about a person who isn't here to respond.

As for your "word of God" remark, that's insulting too, but of course you don't see anything wrong with it when you're the one dishing it out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks