We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Too much money or what?

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

£14k per night for a hotel room?

Having a load of money is alright in my eyes, but why do some people feel the need to be so ostentatious. "Because I can", I suppose would be the answer.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

More so when you think of Homeless Out on the Steets of London through no fault of there own

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... I do hope that that hotel is using 'low-energy' light bulbs ...

... to cut down on running costs!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I couldn't care less. A matter of absolutely no importance.

Like this post  
fourm member

Likes # 0

So, Beckham is being ostentatious because the BBC decided to write about how much his accommodation costs.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Average earner gets, say, £400 p week.

'Normal' hotel in London would cost him say, £100 p night.

So one could say it's quite normal to spend a quarter of your weekly income on a night's lodging.

I'm sure Mr Beckham earns £50+k per week, so £14k night would sound about right, not ostentatious.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... 'n' I've seen much better-lookin' [and more comfortable to sit in] three-piece-suites down at my local charity shop ... free delivery also [if you live local].

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The work for hotel staff needs to be taken into account too. Without suites like that there wouldn't be so many hotel staff.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's his money, so he can spend it as he chooses. He probably makes more money for charities each year than all of us put together. He is going to donate at least £1 million of the money he'll make from his six month stint in Paris to charity.

This thing about his hotel bill is a pointless bit of media silliness.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Good point about hotel staff, because most hotel staff can rank as some of the lowest paid, in a business of more akin to 'upstairs and downstairs'?.

And perhaps not lets forget, Mr Beckham and similar celebrities would also have access to some very good accountant's, who would be able to give sound financial advice?.

I wonder how many celebrities or leaders of this world take complete hotel floor spaces on the worldly travels, yet we hear very little about these type of daily activities!.

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

What intrigued me about the article, was the section about the Lanesborough hotel:

Here you will be able to relax in four bedrooms, and, especially indulgently, five-and-a-half bathrooms.

What is half a bathroom???

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014