We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 839

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Last one before I turn in.

click here

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

A clue before I turn in using my old Map Clock system click here It is between 2 and 4 o'clock.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I'm turning in now folks, the site is taking ages to load and I'm bushed, G'Night All.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I got up at 03:00 and still didn't get it! Did I get up too early , or too late?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And your map link is upside down, it looks more like George RR Martin's Westeros & Easteros that way up. Was I supposed to stand on my head too?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It has an East Anglian look about it. With the Norman architecture I'd say South Lincs/North Norfolk.

So I'll guess at a North Norfolk market town..... eeeerm... Burnham Market?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

On second thoughts, is it Lincs again? North Norfolk is more likely to be of flint rather than stone construction.

Sooooo, for a Lincs wild guess, um, um... um, Conninsby. There's something about that chequered Norman tower that tells me I've seen it at some time during my trucking years.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Is everyone else having a lie in?

Early to bed, early to rise and all that... and the dogs are wanting a walk as the sun is on the horizon, that's a real bummer in the summer:)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm guessing that fortified looking building in the market square started of as a Saxon building with the square topped windows, and was extended up with the addition of Norman windows.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and I'm off out now, it's boring playing I spy by yourself!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Dalkeith?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...