We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lincoln Film. Has it been released?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I ask because I don't seem to be able to find it in any of my local cinemas. I was under the impression that it was released last weekend. But no sign of it on the cinema listings I have looked at.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

quickbeam. I wouldn't buy a DVD if I knew the ending like you.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Well, I keep watching The Lady Killers and Ice Cold In Alex and I know how they end too...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I saw The Lady Killers, for the first time, only last year. A fine example of British film comedy.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

My wife has a bad back too so we rarely go to the cinema. My last time was to see War Horse, with one of my granddaughters. I now have a "Smart" or "Cinema" HD TV, so wait till the DVD is out. I am hiring "Skyfall" in Blue Ray from Blockbusters tomorrow; our local one is about to close, thogh, but a hire for £2 seems a bargain compared with £12 - £14 in local supermarkets for the blue ray version.Re Lincoln, my other granddaughter enjoyed it ( she is hoping to read history at a Russell group Uni in the autumn )

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. I don't like going to the theatre because the quality of the seating is so bad. Like your wife I have a back which is unsuitable for being in one position for longer than a few minutes. But I find the seats in the more modern cinemas are much more comfortable and they even have a class of seat higher than the standard one, which you pay a few bob extra for. Down the front of the cinema they even have large spaces for wheel chairs and carers. A big improvement on the older type cinema. I use the standard seat and find it is fine for me. (I'm probably too tight to pay the extra for the higher class seat).

But I am always glad to get out of theatre seats. Maybe they have improved some theatres, but the one in Liverpool, "The Empire" still has the same seats as they had when Roy Hudd and Vesta Tilley were appearing there. Hope Roy Hudd doesn't frequent this forum?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. Thanks for that, it does look like the type of film I like to watch. I hope they decide to start showing these pictures in our area soon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes