We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lincoln Film. Has it been released?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

I ask because I don't seem to be able to find it in any of my local cinemas. I was under the impression that it was released last weekend. But no sign of it on the cinema listings I have looked at.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

According to the IMDB website it was released on the 25th January.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Yes it has been released. Mind. I have known my local Cineworld make some odd choice about what (not0 to show, when, and for how long...

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

He gets shot at the end I heard, no point in going now...

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

We saw it at Bluewater about a fortnight ago.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I haven't seen it but a neighbour has and he said it's about as accurate as the film U-571

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

He gets shot in a submarine cinema showing Gone With The Wind...?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

click here

Enter your post code and it will show nearest cinemas showing it

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's been on general release for a while.

My wife has seen the film, so far I haven't. She was impressed, and said that Daniel Day-Lewis is magnificent. The reviews I've read have been mixed, some saying it's a remarkable film, others not so impressed.

I tend to ignore reviews because in the past I have loved films which were panned by the critics, and hated some that got rave reviews. As always, it's best to make up your own mind.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the information folks, but so far none has been any good to me. My fault because I now find that although the film is being shown it is at what I now call "an ungodly hour" in other words it is on too late in the evening for me. None of the pictures I want to see are showing as an afternoon matinee. It is a fact that as one gets older one tends to fall asleep after about 20,00 hrs. It happens to me these days so I tend to go to places in the daytime when I am guaranteed to remain awake. (I hope).

Django Unchained, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty and The Impossible are all on late evenings. There are films showing at a reasonable hour but not ones that interest me... Les Mis is on in the afternoons but as I have already seen it I do not wish to see it again. I think I will phone my local cinema to complain. "Victor Meldrew here, When are you twerps going to do something about....etc...etc...?"

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Wait for the DVD release like me:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today